Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year, New Post

Hey all....been awhile I know....the last two weeks have been full of highs and lows....

first off...the poker tourney didn't end the way I had hoped. I busted out in 18th place after going on tilt after PureChaos pushed into my top pair, top kicker with bottom pair and promptly hit his outs for two pair and the pot. Congrats for going on and winning the whole thing. While I admit that you have to get lucky to win any tourney at times...PureChaos seemed to defy the odds by winning at least three hands that have been posted on the various blogs when he was behind when all the money went into the pot. I really feel that I would have gone far in the tourney if not for that hand, as it made the difference from me being in a nice chip lead on a tight table to being a short stack at the same table. I ended up busting out a few hands later in the tourney when I pushed with paint pre-flop , got called by mid-pair with a big stack and missing everything.....but I now have an entry into a WSOP qualifier tourney, so I'll have to see if I can work some magic there.

Haven't had time to play much other than an hour session on poker.com (.25/.50 NL) yesterday for a $0.19 profit.....considering I was as low as $13 ($50 buy-in) and made my way back makes the profit a bit easier to swallow....better than a loss. No amazing plays...I was in the hole fast as I called an all-in post flop after having a nut-flush, royal flush, straight draw with overcards (KJs, board A-x-10)...called a $12 all in (pot was at $5 pre-flop I believe) with all my outs and lost to A-10. Next hand lost another $15 when my flopped set of 9s (again called a short stack all in) hit his flush draw and my boat never materialized...so 2 hands, down $27....wheee. Sat at $15-27 for most of the hour, then hit a nice 3 way pot to get back up to $48 when my AKs flopped an A and turned a K to beat A-J and KQ that called my 1/2 pot bets to the river. Happy to get the money back into the account after all was siad and done.

And for once......no BlackJack for me....yeah.

The holidays were pretty good....the kids were recipients of a very generous Santa (other than Ashley, who has not received all of her gifts after we found out she had been hunting for them in the basement. She has to earn those presents that she found through good behavior over the coming weeks.....still had plenty of gifts to open though.

Made the trip to Toledo three times over the past 12 days....Jen's family party, took a dining room table to my dad, then back to Dad's for my family Christmas and New Year gathering. Won't get into the drama from the New Years Weekend....suffice to say that we won;t be having any more gatherings where my diviorced parents will be present at the same time.

Alan has been fighting the cold that I have just gotten over (mostly). Poor kid can't breathe well and it wakes him up when he is sleeping, which makes for rough nights for Jen, as she tries to let me sleep so I can work and such....ended up staying at home yesterday while she slept til noon or so after being up all Monday night....last night was better, so hopefully Alan is on the way to rebounding.

Trip to CA next week may get canned, as we can't get enough business meetings and audits scheduled to make the trip worthwile....may end up out there in later Jan or possibly late Feb/March....will wait and see.

Enough for now....back to work...ttfn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home