Monday, December 18, 2006

Buzz wearing off

I think I'm finally coming down from Saturday....I had forgotten what a nice rush it is to win a poker tourney of any kind, as it has been quiet some time since I was able to do so....mostly because I have not played much tourney poker outside the BPT over the past few months. Between work and home (and WoW), just hasn't been much time to play poker online. Now that I have some cash on poker.com again, I'll probably look to play some tourneys again and try and continue to improve my game for this Saturday's big event.....20 player shoot-out for a trip to Australia in January for the Aussie Million. Only chance I have to make it, as I think Mike has the blogger event coverage trip all taken care of over on his site. Mike has already posted some of the key hands from the event....my flopped straight that propelled me to the chip lead, etc....I'll try and find more later tonight on Poker.com, but no promises. Best of luck to all players on Saturday.

The rest of the weekend was pretty much a blur....dealt some blackjack on Sat evening for a office party hosted at the home of the manager/owner of said office....needless to say the house was a mansion, which probably could have held the contents of our house in the garage....the place was huge....the party was held in the 'basement'...IE, walk-out entertainment room (wet bar, big screen TV, etc). Enough room for 50 people, including 2 blackjack tables, 1 poker table and 1 craps table. Had a great time talking with everyone and dealing the games...the tip from the host was nice as well at the end of the night. Everyone had a great time, and I hope to be invited back next year to deal the party again.

Didn't get home until after 1am, so the 8am wake-up call to try and get moving on Sunday was rough...needless to say we didn't get on the road until 10am (instead of 9am), which put us behind for the entire day. But, we weren't last to the cookie walk, and beat Santa to the family party (pics later) and were still home by 7:30pm last night.....exhausted, but home. Jen was able to come home from work early (YEAH) and we actually got to sit and watch the Survivor finale for a change. I was pulling for Ozzie, but Yul won 5-4 on the voting and took down the $1 Million. Then off to bed and a start to another hectic week.

Time to get some work done and suck down some more coffee....ttfn.

4 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Be lookin forward to the game as well . And I have to agree bout Mike has more than likely got that trip in the bag....unless he wins the tourney , hmmmmmm . Na , that just cant happen..lol

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

Your run last week was just straight up impressive. I thought last season the Grand Final was going to be yours...

Best of luck to ya tomorrow,

Mike

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger cerberi said...

great tourney though.
Hope to see you in the next tour.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hope the poker is going well. After winning a large event I got over confident and started to fall into a little slump. Especially after a poker vacation.

Hope all is well...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home