Thursday, March 30, 2006

Not poker related...but...

Ok...I don't usually post links and such, but I had to respond to this nut job...

http://husbandonstrike.com and http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1780687

OK, so here's the scoop...this guy has a 2 yr old son and a 3 month old daughter and is upset that the kids are sleeping in the bedroom with he and his wife. He has taken to living on the roof of the house to protest the situation, with his main argument being a 'lack of intimacy' with the kids in the room....also that 'he was there before the kids, so he should come first'.

Now...aside from the lunacy of this whole topic...here is my response as the father of 3 young kids.

Get over yourself...by having kids you have lowered youself on the pecking order of the house for roughly 18 years. You do not come first anymore. The welfare of the kids come first. The 3 month old is most likely nursing, requiring your wife to get up 2-4 times a night to feed the baby. Much easier for her to get up, take a step or two, grab the baby and feed her as opposed to going to a different room....not to mention the racket a baby can make at 3am if they're hungry and not getting the attention they deserve (believe me...Alan had Jen and I up 4 times last night...even though I just roll over, it still makes for a bad nights sleep.


Count yourself fortunate to have 2 happy and healthy kids, as well as a wife willing to give them the love and care that they need, cause you're sure not doing your part by living on the roof.

I could go on, but I have to get back to work.

ttfn


1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's all I can really muster to this. I have to chuckle, but at the same time, I'm really angry at the guy for not covering his responsibilities. I mean, how are the kids gonna deal with their dad being the douchebag on the roof for the rest of their lives? How is the dad going to deal with it? And, his wife? Guy's just taking a very, very normal situation and turning it into a big drama, acting like a baby. I agree; kids are priority. I mean, that's why you have them. You're putting someone else's life first, and that's your kids.

David Bruce

 

Post a Comment

<< Home