Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Day 3 in California...poker, time change, etc.


Here's is where I spent the night last night...the Mission Inn is an absolutely beautiful hotel here in Riverside, CA. Two room suite with a small balcony overlooking the courtyard. I'm sitting at the desk with the windows open listening to the birds outside...if only the room had a coffee pot for a nice cup of coffee, I'd be all set in getting my day started.


Wish I had a camera to take some pics rather than snagging the photos from their web site...but they're enough to give you the picture of the place.

I finally feel that I'm good with the CA time change. Stayed up until about 10:30 CA time and woke up about 5:45 this morning. Was disappointed last night, as Catwoman was supposed to be on HBO, and nothing is finer than Halle Berry in a leather cat suit for a couple of hours, but the HBO that was on here in the hotel was showing something else, so not sure what happened there.

Anyway, took it easy last night after getting into Riverside after the hour plus drive up from Carlsbad, CA. Ordered some room service, talked to Jen about getting the current house on the market and getting ready to move. Looks like some painting and minor home repairs is in my immediate future when I get back to Columbus. Have to get some cleaning in the garage done as well so we can start putting boxes of packed stuff in there to prepare for the move. We have our eye on a house in Johnstown, so we're hoping to get a quick offer on our house and then move on the new one. We'll see how it goes.

Played some more on Paradise last night...cleared another $10 in bonus now (only 750 more raked hands to go to clear the remaining $80 and get my chipset from PSO). The bankroll rebuilding is going well, as I'm up about $800 since starting on Paradise on Sunday...not bad for 3 days of work. The tables are probably better than UB at this limit, which I never thought I would say...of course getting smacked by the deck is always a good thing....AA twice, KK twice, numerous Ax, either suited or with solid kickers....I did make one bad/good play on a large pot...Here is the hand history:

Table "Bikar" (real money) -- Seat 4 is the buttonSeat
1: WilySSC ($856.00 in chips)
Seat 2: oldtex1 ($427.00 in chips)
Seat 3: MVilla888 ($448.00 in chips)
Seat 4: betsi ($174.00 in chips)
Seat 6: Josephine ($217.00 in chips)
Seat 7: andy5683 ($151.00 in chips)
Seat 8: Shaqatak ($637.00 in chips)
Seat 10: ZOE 123 ($197.00 in chips)
Josephine: Post Small Blind ($2)
andy5683: Post Big Blind ($5)
Dealing...Dealt to MVilla888 [ Th ][ Qd ]
Shaqatak: Call ($5)
ZOE 123 : Fold
WilySSC : Fold
oldtex1 : Fold
MVilla888: Call ($5) - loose call, but had been running well and hitting flops, so no real harm here in limping...the remaining players in the hand had been playing tight.
betsi : Fold
Josephine: Fold
andy5683: Check
*** FLOP *** : [ 8s 5h Jd ]
andy5683: Check
Shaqatak: Bet ($5) - big stack at the table...played a solid game...but would also bluff at weak flops
MVilla888: Call ($5) - have a gutshot straight and the Q over the board...worth seeing a card
andy5683: Fold
*** TURN *** : [ 8s 5h Jd ] [ Ac ]
Shaqatak: Bet ($10)
MVilla888: Raise ($20) - stupid raise here, but wanted to see where I was and the A would be a scare card to Jx
Shaqatak: Raise ($20) - ok...he's smelled my bluff or has a hand...I have outs (K and 9) here for my straight...pot is about $80 here, so it's a loose call, but I know I have outs in the hand.
MVilla888: Call ($10)
*** RIVER *** : [ 8s 5h Jd Ac ] [ Kc ]
Shaqatak: Bet ($10)
MVilla888: Raise ($20) - Shazam....hit the K for the nut straight...wheeeee
Shaqatak: Call ($10)
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $124 Rake: $3
Board: [ 8s 5h Jd Ac Kc ]
WilySSC didn't bet (folded)
oldtex1 didn't bet (folded)
MVilla888 bet $60, collected $124, net +$64 (showed hand) [ Th Qd ] (a straight, ten to ace)betsi didn't bet (folded)
Josephine lost $2 (folded)
andy5683 lost $5 (folded)
Shaqatak lost $60 [ 8h Ah ] (two pair, aces and eights)
dethkilla didn't bet
ZOE 123 didn't bet (folded)

Like the Cincinnati Kid...."sometimes you have to make the wrong move at the right time to win big"...or something like that.

Pre-flop, I'm behind 48% to 51%
Post Flop, I'm behind 36% to 63%
Turn, I'm behind 20% to 80%

Anyway, I caught some flack on the table after that play, as the guys with 2 pair was not happy that I chased down the straight draws on him. When I look at the stats from Cardplayer.com...looks like a terrible play on my part to chase the outs, but I didn't have him on two pair until he reraised me after the turn...at that point I either fold or call and see what the river brings. I got lucky. Told him I had outs and the pot was reasonable enough to chase and see the river...the raise was questionable on the turn with the A...but not terrible as it was common for players to chase with Ax on the table...just so happened that he hit his two pair with it and lost to the striaght on the river. Good for me, bad for him.

Anyway...time to hit the shower and get ready for the day here in CA...another vendor audit and then heading for the hotel near LAX for the next two nights...will be nice to sleep in the same bed for two nights this trip...I hate bouncing from hotel to hotel during a business trip...oh well.

ttfn

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

Are you in CA to go to the Playboy Mansion with the rest of the boys???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home