Friday, December 16, 2005

Week in review and Weekend preview

Been a busy week at the homestead...getting ready for Jen's family coming into town for thw eekend for some cookie baking and margarita drinking...can't wait. Have to finish cleaning up the house and getting everything ready for their arrival tonight and tomorrow, as there is still tons to do.

I was able to take advantage of a slow day at work yesterday and took a 1/2 day yesterday afternoon to go home and spend some time with the family. While the girls were napping, I was able to sneak in some $10/20 on UB and walked away with a $200 profit after about 30 minutes. Very nice. No hands of note...The Hilton Sisters held up for a hand for a nice pot, then hit a set of 7s for another nice win. Table was pretty tight, so I was able to steal some blinds from late position with occasional raises and re-raises. I'm getting pretty excited, as my bankroll has completly recovered from the Vegas trip and is approaching the $4k level, which will be a new high for me....with any luck, I can continue to build over the winter, get my eye surgery done and still have cash for a vegas trip for the WSOP...more on that below.

Finally unpacked my bag from Vegas and put everything away....actually wearing my PokerStars t-shirt under a sweater here at work today on casual Friday. I'm hoping to make it back out to Vegas in July for a WSOP event....aiming for one of the following:
$1k buy in NLHM on July 10,
$1.5k buy in NLHM on July 18,
$2k buy in NLHM on July 21

Best scenario would be the $1500 event on the 18th....cash in it and stay to play in the $2k event on the 21st. Hoping to get some of the gang from here at work (Tom, Adam, Barant, etc) to go along as well....would be a great trip if we can pull it off.

Not much else going on...have a freeroll online this weekend, but otherwise will probably not get much poker in with the family coming into town.

ttfn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home