Wednesday, December 14, 2005

First NHL Game Ever

Was able to enjoy my first NHL game last night...won tickets here at work for the Blue Jackets/Philly game last night here in Columbus...2 seats in the corporate suite....how nice is that. I'm seriously spoiled now...the last MLB game I was at (All-Star Game in Chicago 2 years ago) and now an NHL game, both in suites....sitting in a regular seat at a game just won't be the same. Kinda like the first time I flew first class to CA...every coach flight I take now is like getting tortured in a prison cell compared to the luxury of first class.

Anyway, the game didn't go well for the CBJ....we scored first, Thornberg came back for Philly and scored about 2 minutes later....we gave up a power play goal and were never able to retie the score, dispite having about 3 minutes of 5 on 3 power play in the third...Philly'd D was tough and we had trouble getting a decent shot on goal. Was great fun to watch...been so long since I was at a live hockey game...great fun, especially the free food and beers during the game.

Not much in the way of poker since Monday night...not sure when I'll get to play...Danielle has a school recital tonight and then we'll be getting ready for the arrival of Jen's family for the weekend for the annual cookie walk event they all participate in. At least Rick will be joining them, so there will be some margaritas flowing for the weekend.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the blogs of the last weekend in Vegas. Here's a pic to prove I was there.

http://www.sheverb.com/index.php

Look on the left side of the pic in the reflection on the mirror and you'll see yours truly hanging in the Al Can't Hang suite on Thursday night. Was great meeting everyone out in Vegas and I can't wait for the next trip.

Last bit of good news...just received an invitation to a 'Beer Exhange' for next Thursday night...one of my coworkers is throwing a guys party with beer, cigars and maybe a poker game as well....I can't wait.

Time to get to work.....ttfn

3 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Meek said...

I heard that RJ Umbarger (sp) plays for Philadelphia now as a rookie. I saw him play a few games for the Buckeyes.

Mike, I was in Columbus for a decade (OSU & Dublin), now I'm out in Raymond. I thought about checking out a RatPack poker event. How are those?

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger MVilla888 said...

meeks...ratpack games are some of the best in town...I'm a card carrying member of the group. We specialize in a close knit group of home games with no hidden fees or rakes...just a place to get together with like minded poker players for a good, safe game.

I highly recommend.

contact me via email (mvilla at insight.rr.com) for more info.

Sheesh....Raymond is way out there.

mike

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

It was great meeting you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home