Thursday, August 11, 2005

Stuff

Not much going on the last couple of days. Jen's been working a bit more due to some more people leaving B&N....anyone in the Reynoldsburg/Pickerington area that is looking for a part-time job should look at Barnes&Noble...looks like they're loosing some staff this month (school and such) and could use some new help. You get a nice discount and then Jen wouldn't have to work so much, therefore I could play more poker....a win/win situation....

Otherwise just getting ready for the trip to LA next week. Planning on hitting Hollywood Park or The Bicycle on Thursday evening...with any luck, I'll be sitting at the Bike on their internet table, so everyone can clue me in on the bad beats I take.

I did play some UB last night after the girls went to bed....started out at the $5/10 table and was positive for the evening...then decided to get bold and sat down at a $10/20 table at the same time (I know, I was playing two tables at the same time....can't chew bubble gum and walk at the same time, but I'm playing two poker tables...). Anyway, I naturally tightened up on both tables, as I didn't have as much time to mess with weaker hands bouncing between the two tables. As such, the small profits I had made at the $5/10 table were whittled away, with me getting up from the table after 100 hands with a positive $1.....plus $6 in bonus cash.....wheee. However, I had a much better run on the $10/20 table...getting as high as +470 on the table before bleeding off a bit and walking away with +$390 and about $7 in bonus cash. So I'm ecstatic with the evening....I think I could have made more at the $10/20 table if I had fully concentrated on it, so I may spend the balance of the month playing $10/20 and try to exploit the loose play on UB...if I take some losses, I can always go back to grinding at $5/10, which I'm pretty comfortable at playing and beating consistently.


I was pretty amazed by some of the poker I saw again last night....people calling and chasing with Ax, betting into 4 flush boards without the 5th card in the suit and then bitching about it...simply amazing. I had cultivated a pretty tight image while I was two tabeling, so when I left the $5/10 table I loosened up a bit and pulled in a couple of hundred extra on some semi-bluffs and full bluffs on good boards. Then UB hit me like a ton of bricks....AA, KK, AK, 10-10 in successive hands....won with the AA and AK, lost to an Ax chaser that caught their A on the turn and hit a set then full house with the 10-10 and cracked AA for a really nice pot from a aggressive player. All in all a very good session, and definately gives me the cash I need to head to CA for a night of poker.

Hoping to take the girls to the Fair tomorrow, so keeping fingers crossed for decent weather for the middle of the day...hoping to get there by 1 and then leave around 4-5 and try and miss as much traffic as possible.

gotta get to work now...ttfn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home