Tuesday, September 19, 2006

PAAAAA---THET---ICK

I know it's spelled wrong, but the "ICK" seemed to sum up my feeling this morning while recovering from a slight Gin & Tonic hangover and the piss-poor performance of the Steelers yesterday. I have to tip my hat to the Jag's defense, they did a great job shutting down everything we did on the ground, and with Ben sporting a 104 degree fever, that was all that mattered, as he was definately off his game last night. I can only hope they get alot of work this week or Cincy will have a field day with us next weekend.

To add insult to injury, my poker game has gone in the toilet since my last post....the string of positive sessions ended with a thud on Sunday as I watched a buy-in get flushed in a series of brutal beats. I had every pocket pair busted, flopped straights get run down by runner-runner flush, K high flushes get beat by A high flushes, etc, etc, etc. My last hand saw QQ get busted by A2os when he called my pre-flop raise, then let me check-raise on a flop of 2-7-9, then we capped it on a J on the turn with the last of my cash, only to see an A hit the river and the last of my cash disappear into his stack.

To follow that up, I hit the tables again this morning over coffee before work and watched another buy-in float down the river. My profits for the month are gone and I think I'm negative now....same story as the Sunday game...solid hands beaten by chasers, final hand had my 10-10 run into KK of all things on a flop of 3-7-9 and of course I get the last of my money in to see that I'm wayyyyyy behind.

The only thing I can think of is that the poker gods to not appreciate my posts about running well, so they decided to pimp-slap me back into line. I just hope I can recover and running positive again soon. Maybe time to move to a different site for awhile and see if the change of scenery makes a difference.

back to work now...ttfn.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Dave said...

You must be the 10th poker blog I read today where the author is suffering from a slight hangover - ON A TUESDAY!

Must be all Steelers related. Who knows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home