Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sat night update

GOOD DAY.....Buckeye's get back on the winning track with a shaky win against San Diego State. I know the final score of 27-6 looks like they ha dthe game in hand, but considering SDS scored a TD on their first play from scrimmage, and the Bucks had a 7-6 lead at halftime, it was pretty nailbiting. The depth and size of the team took over in the second half and they pretty much ground them down to make the win look easier, but they need to get much more consistent on offense with the Big 10 schedule starting soon.

To polish off the day, just finished my 10th straight positive session back at the $5/10 tables on UB. Since my disaster meltdown on 9/2 of loosing $1000 on the $10/20 tables (Damn that is hard to type...) I've put over $800 back into my account at the $5/10 tables. And the 10 straight positive sessions is a new record for me, so I'm pretty stoked about that. Granted some of them were only +$23, but all positive. I was up almost $250 at one point tonight and gave some of it back to leave with $140....made a bad play with AJos in early position by not raising...BB sees a cheap flop of 9-9-5 when he's holding 9-5os and I chase the A high to the river, knowing I was beat, but just couldn't fold the hand....really stupid. I'm generally pretty good (and getting better) about playing tighter and not chasing down missed hands, but this was just another indication that I have to keep working on that part of my limit game.

Checked Bill Rini's site...looks like there are a good number of bloggers signed up for the event already. If any of them read this, I'll be in Vegas on the evening of the 6th at Caesar's Palace if you want to meet up early in the week. Heading to the IP on Friday afternoon for the weekend of blogger poker.

Now, I just hope the Steelers take care of business against the Texans tomorrow and my Fantasy teams don't lay another egg like last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home