Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday Quickie

Getting ready to head out of work to catch a flight to NJ again...spending the next two nights in luxurious Saddlebrook, NJ...wheee. Will be in SoHo (NYC) for the day tomorrow, probably no time to get in any trouble or anything, as we'll be locked into the shuttle service back and forth from NJ...no way I'm driving a car into the city.

Anyway....HUGE thank you to Jen's mom and Jessica for coming down for the weekend. Allowed Jen and I to have some fun together over the weekend. I discoved on Sat that my limit of ribs is 1.5 racks....the last three bones almost had me in the bushes, but damn were the ribs good. Mike and Leah were excellent company as always (raspberries to the rest of the gang that decided not to show...you know who you are...missed a great time).

Jen and I did some shopping for the new computer desk with little luck...cheap stuff at $100-200 (laminate and cardboard) or solid oak ($700+) not much in between. Will keep looking and see what we find over the next few weeks...no real hurry, as the family is coming in town this weekend and we don't have time to rearrange the house between now and then anyway.

Played a bit of poker over the weekend....up and down, but overall I'm up $110 from my $300 deposit a couple of weeks ago...not bad since there was a $200 loss mixed in there over two sessions. Also...a note to anyone reading....do not play blackjack on any online site....I'm a pretty decent BJ player and I've been getting shelled online. UB is ok...definately streaky..poker.com is atrocious.....lost what seemed like 30 straight hands...ridiculous.

Anyway...time to jet...ttfn

1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger alabare said...

Speaking of blackjack...BoDog is just as bad. Frickin' amazing how quickly I lost $100 playing .25 a pop. I'm not claiming to be a blackjack genius, but I take it pretty seriously and play hard...I could do absolutely nothing right. Sigh. I justified the loss knowing that it was the bonus money they gave me. Ho hum...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home