Saturday, July 01, 2006

Poker Blogger Tour Tourney

Just finished the freeroll for the Poker Blogger tour that I qualified for a few weeks back. 39 bloggers met this afternoon with a trip to the WSOP Main Event on the line. Long story short, my A-10 gets all his chips with his A5os on a board of A-10-Q, only to watch Q and Q fall on the board to conterfit my kicker and result in a split pot. a few hands later my 3-1 chip lead heads-up for the trip melted when my AK when up against 5-6os on a flop of A-5-10 when I called his all in and he catches a 6 on the river to double up and pull even. I miss a couple of hands and can't call his all in bets, putting me down 1-2 to his stack when I push after flopping bottom pair on a ragged flop, only to see him call me with middle pair and win the tourney. I walked away with a 30" Dell Monitor for the trouble, so I'm pretty happy with a $2k monitor...will have to get a new computer desk to hold it...but am seriously disappointed to have come so close to the WSOP only to have it slip away in such discouraging fashion.

Time to drown some limes in some gin and enjoy the evening.
ttfn.


kdollar & porkrind - thanks for the comments guys...you two played a tough game...some gin and tonic helped take the sting out last night, as well as planning on a new computer desk for the new monitor, so can't complain too much. Looking forward to season two now and a shot at a trip to Australia. See you guys at the tables.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger RGC2005 said...

Tough beat man. On my blog I called it 4 handed for you. Seriously that guy proved Bingo Players get lucky. Read my final table rundown cause I have no clue who that player was. He never qualified? No Blog? Where did he come from?

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger rakethetable said...

Thanks for the hook-up

Maybe next time they will fold.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

Great showing in the tour. You deserved the seat... or at least a second seat, perhaps. Your play forced EVERYONE to change their game, adapting to you.

IMO you pitched a perfect game.

Mike

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Excellent game, Mike. If your level of play was based on the number of times I muttered at you under my breath, you were the big winner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home