Thursday, June 29, 2006

Decline of Workplace Productivity

BLEH....can't stop thinking about the upcoming vacation and am loosing all will to be here at work.....probably started with an early morning session of NLHE on UB at the ultimatepoints table....dropped a buy-in (1000 points) when my AKs hit top pair and nut flush draw to a flopped set of 7s when the BB called my 200 point raise from LP with the pocket pair. He hit his set and I failed to improve, costing me the chips I had at the table....course, this all happened at 7:15 this morning, resulting in a quick shower, shave and race to the car to get to work 20 minutes late....

Been fairly successful at playing on the points tables, especially pot-limit Omaha...started with about 1200 in chips last week and am up to about 6000 after the loss this morning. Enough to 'buy' entry into some $5 and $10 tourneys on UB and try and hit some cash that way to start rebuilding the account before I reload. Hoping to find a timely tourney tonight after the girls head for bed if alan doesn't mind hanging out with me by the computer.

Exploring options to reload my cash account...looking at Firepay.com, as they charge a flat fee of $3.99 to transfer funds, rather than the 8% that netteller charges. May reload my pokerstars account soon with some ebay sales that I have made in the near future and start building a bankroll for the November trip to Vegas.

That's right....Jen and I are going to be in Vegas the first week of Nov (5-9) with Jen's sister and brother-in-law. Hoping we can take care of the babysitting for the kids for the week by calling in some family favors. Hard to believe that both girls will be in school then and Alan will most likely be walking...amazing how time flies.

Not much else to discuss...looking forward to the trip to SC for the weekend. Looks like sunny and 92 every day down there for the weekend, so that will be fun. I do have to take time out on Sat afternoon to play in a 50 man freeroll tourney online for a shot at a WSOP main event seat...can't beat those odds...free swag just for playing regardless, but man would I love a free trip to Vegas at the end of July.

Have a safe and happy 4th everyone.
ttfn

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger rakethetable said...

Good Luck and safe trip.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger alabare said...

Hey Mike...Great blog here. Keep up the great work. Appreciate you stoping by earlier and commenting along with the link. Returning the favor right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home