Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Online poker in the work place

just found out over lunch that I was at a $1/2 NL table on UB over the weekend with the VP of the department (my boss). I had no clue it was him, and he had a feeling he was playing against me, but I missed his chat attempts at the table. Anyway, I apparently busted him for about $63 on a hand that saw my AKs beat his pocket 9s when I flopped a K and he didn't improve. I think the money was in the pot pre-flop, which means I called a $63 dollar raise pre-flop with AKs. I believe I remember the hand, as I was up about $100 on the table at that point and figured I had a decent hand and would still be positive if I lost....my AK took out the 99 (my boss) and a QQ (nother dude at the table) for a healthy pot. My boss seemed ok with it, so that's cool...will have to look at the hand replay tonight at home and see how it all went down to be sure. I know I had a nice session, making about $350 off the $100 buy-in. May have to put some cash back on UB if I can catch my boss trolling around some more.....at what point does beating your boss at poker online become a career-limiting move?

Not much else going on....Jen and I had a great dinner last night. Went to Carabbas out at Polaris...very nice Italian eatery. She really like her gifts and she got me a nice gold rope necklace for my crystal pendant, looks very nice and I'm happy to be wearing it again. The earrings and necklace looked very good on her last night at dinner as well.

Looking forward to Danielle's birthday party this weekend...hard to believe she's turning 5 already. Will make sure to get some pics of the girls posted here soon, as it's been awhile since I showed them off to the world.

Back to work now...lunch is over.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like you gift, but I still think you spent too much mine.

Thank you for the wonderful dinner and evening we had, while I love our girls I enjoyed it just being the two (three) of us last night. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to spend the rest of my life with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home