Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday morning - quick update

Hello all...been a crazy week since my last update. Spent 3 days out in north LA watching the wildfires from the hotel room. Was pretty cool in a surreal kind of way. Lots of families were in the hotel we stayed in with pets and such, as they had been chased from their homes by the fires. Was very surreal.

Played some poker on Sat night...played another successful $30/60 stint, turning a quick $350 profit on a short table. The proceeded to switch back to $5/10 to grind out some bonus cash. Saw my stack swell by $200 very quickly, and should have pulled the plug then and walked from the tables with a nice tidy $500 profit for the evening....but proceeded to keep playing and try to take advantage fo the fish at the table (and they were ripe for the picking)...ended up with about 120 cold hands and proceeded to drop the $200 I had earned plus another $200 at the table. Numerous losses on flopped sets, missed flushes, cracked AA to runner, runner straights, etc, etc, etc. Just one of those sessions that reminds me that poker is gambling and no matter how good I think I am, I can't bank on winning every session. I'm a little pissed at myself for not banking some of the $200 I was up on the 5/10 table, but I guess that's part fo the game. For the record, I ended Sept with about $1600 in profit, so definately no complaints there. Pulled $1200 off of UB and now have over $2k on Neteller, so my eye surgery is getting closer and closer to being a reality.

I'm pretty stoked about the poker bloggers tourney on Pokerstars (see note below). Anytime I get to freeroll for a chance at a WSOP seat is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Back to the expense reports and catch up from work. Next update will probably be from Lynchburg, Virginia. TTFN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home