Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Post Birthday Update

Well...turned 37 the other day, one year closer to 40. Wife and kids were fantastic as always, Hallmark can rot in hades in comparison to the fantastic cards Danielle and Ashley made for me on my birthday. They are beautiful kids and I'm so blessed to have the family that I do.

Jen surprised the crap out of me with a 60G iPod Video for my birthday....I've been playing with it for days and love the little thing. Loaded it up with songs and podcasts that i can now listen too...very happy to finally hear what Sean and the gang have been doing over at Lord Admiral Card Club. Will have to schedule some time in Cincy to meet up with them sometime.

Poker has been pretty slow as of late....I've sworn off UB for the time being and I'm messing around with a free $20 that All-in poker gave me for answering some survey questions. Been playing .25/.50 NL and have built the $20 into about $70 over the past few days, so very happy about that. If I get the bankroll to $100, I'll probably try and play through their SnG Rounders series and make some real cash...the first level is $5, so that would be no real stress on the bankroll. I'll probably go back to UB sometime in Feb and try to build the bankroll there again as well. I'm still in a bit of shell shock over loosing pretty much my entire roll earlier this month...puts the WSOP and the summer WPBT event in jeopardy, not to mention the eye surgery is light years away again.

Finally, we're looking at houses again....we're headed out tonight to revist a house we saw on Sunday to look again and get a good feel for this house in particular....take some photos and such as well. We're excited about what we remember about the house...2 acres, swimming pool, 4 bedrooms, etc....nice country setting and good schools...and the price seems right, so we may even put an offer on the house tonight or at least by the end of the week if all goes well. Will be easy if we hit the lotto tonight, but just in case, this house will do nicely for the next 20 years or so.

Anyway...time to get some work done....ttfn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home