Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hump day



Since I got such a nice response from the last pic of Jessica...I thought I would toss another one out there. This one is a bit more 'risque', but it sure brightens my Wednesday afternoon.

The shorthanded $5/10 tables are still proving a juicy hunting ground, as I've run seven straight positive sessions over the last 2 weeks....now, that's not alot of poker by most player's standards, but with Alan and the house getting on the market, I play when I can without upsetting the balance at home.

I'm not sure why the players on the shorthanded tables seem so much worse than I would expect...I mean, $5/10 isn't chicken feed, as pots can occassionally reach $120-$150 if things get crazy. While maniacs usually occupy one or two seats on a full table, they're occupying 3-4 seats at a short handed table. I do understand that you relax your starting hand requirments when playing shorthanded, but calling raises or re-raising with a single face card and then staying in the hand when you miss, just hoping that your K3os will be good is just suicide. I've watched so many terrible poker players loose their money at these tables it's almost scary....and then they start complaining to heaven and hell when their KK gets busted when no one at the respects their 15th consecutive pre-flop raise and snaps them with 89s when they catch an 8 on the flop and a 9 on the turn, calling the KK to the river before raising for the crying call.....not that 89s is a terrible hand to see play, but typically a NL player with KK would have raised enough to get the 89s to fold pre-flop...they just don't understand that limit doesn't play like NL and you have to take the good with the bad.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, as I currently have a lot of these players money sitting comfortably in my bankroll as I look to build it back to the levels prior to the January meltdown. I just struggle with the mentality of these players thinking that they know how to play the game.

Let's see...what else is going on...we're interviewing realtors to list our house....had the first one over last night. He was pretty honest about his opinion of the house....but we were hoping his market analysis would allow us to list the house for 5-8k more then he suggested. We're hoping for a 90 day sell on the house, so we have to be very competative with the pricing on the house. We'll see what the other realtor says on Friday and then go from there.

Oh, I may be heading overseas for the first time in the near future. I've been working to hammer out the details of a 10 day jaunt to the UK, Germany and Estonia starting next week if we can get the companies in Europe to fit into our schedule. Excited about the possibility of the trip, but it means I'll be in Europe over Mother's Day...I guess some really nice gifts for Jen will be in order for missing the day with her and the kids.

Not much else to speak of...time to get hammering away on the travel arrangements and various other projects that I have to accomplish before heading out next week.

ttfn.

4 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

Hey Mike, diggin the Jessica pics... keep em comin.

Just got response from Poker.com, thought I'd follow up with you on it. They are switching servers for the BPT site and it will be up tonight/tommorrow...

Mike

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Hey Mike! Thanks for checking out my blog and of course for the link! I'll add you to mine as well. Funny thing - I lived in New Carlisle, Ohio (not far from Columbus) for about a month. Have you ever heard of it??

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger moneymate said...

LOL @ "Hump day"
agrees with theBeerGuy!
keep em Jessica pics comin'

MM

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Frank Nagai Jr. said...

Don't be so hard on your decision at the tourney. While it was cheeky to raise with Qx, you had all your chips in the middle when your opponent had 3 outs and 2 cards to come. Your play was correct, the outcome was a suck-out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home