Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tuesday

Thank goodness for long weekends. We all spent a much needed, nice relaxing weekend together. Went to the Newport Aquarium on Saturday...for anyone in the area, it's an easy drive (just over the Ohio River into Kentucky from Cincy) and is a very nice aquarium. The girls loved seeing all the fish, sharks, manta rays, etc swimming around. Danielle kept calling the fish by name from "Finding Nemo", so that was very cute. Well worth the trip for anyone looking for a fun and educational day trip. The area around the aquarium is very nice...very 'Easton-like', with restaurants, shops, live bands playing, etc....very cool.

Was able to attend the local poker game on Saturday night....47 players over at Bishop's house for a great game hosted by Hammer, Wendy, Bishop and Julie. I made it down to the final 11-12 on the evening and got eaten by the blinds...ended up pushing my stack all in with the blinds at 3000-6000 from the small blind for an extra 7000....ended up with 4 callers all just trying to get me off the table...my pocket 8s almost made it, as the board ended up with a 4 card club flush to give me the 8 high club flush, but one of the other callers had Jc5h to take down the pot and end my run for the night. I've been wondering if I should have limped in, let the BB dictate the action and possibly push a couple of the guys out for me....as I think the guy with J5 would have folded if someone else would have bet out, either pre-flop or post flop, as he had nothing at that point....if he's out of the hand, I win the pot and stay alive in the game....oh well...any suggestions from anyone on how to play the hand?

Dad made the road trip down to see Jen yesterday for her birthday, which was very nice of him. Course, getting to see the girls and all was a bonus for him as well. Unfortunately he was fixated on the issues with he and mom again, so ended up a pretty stressful day for me. I will be very happy when this is all over with and he can get on with his life.

Short, but busy, week coming up...Jen work Wed, Sat, Sunday this week and if probably headed for Toledo on Thursday/Friday for her dad's surgery. Not sure what I'll be doing...hopefully finding a poker game somewhere...lol. Have a great week everyone.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Frank Nagai Jr. said...

Your analysis of the hand sounds right. From early position, you might have limped in instead, and called when somebody inevitably put you all in. I think the big stacks smell blood in the water when the shorty goes all in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home