Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wednesday morning

Not much going on over the last couple of days. Julie, Dave and Jonas are safe and sound in Toledo after getting through the initial stay at the hospital and through the courts. Looks like the adoption is official and he is officially part of the family....YEAH!!!!!!

Had a pretty good night on UB last night...hit a fairly loose $5/10 table and was able to walk away with about $180 in profit after about an hour....also played in a TV qualifier tourney at the same time and qualified for a second tourney to try and get a seat in a televised event in Vegas. SO...I have to place in the top 3 in a tourney on 6/26 to qualify for an all expense paid trip to Vegas over the July 4th weekend to play against other online players in a live game for a bunch of cash. Will screw up the plans I currently have for the holiday weekend, but I'll worry about that if I happen to wade through 1500 other qualified players and win the seat. Had to work out an error by UB on the issue, as I had qualified for a TV tourney a couple of weeks ago to play on 6/19 for a shot at the Vegas trip. Found out last night that they had canceled the 6/19 tourney and moved it to 6/26...so I played last night to qualify for an event I was already qualified for (wasting my $5 entry)....so I did what any self-respecting poker player would do when faced with loosing any amount of money, I complained to customer service, and they very quickly refunded my money, so that ended up all good for me. If things don't go well for me on the 26th, I'll just have to try and qualify again in July with the $5.
Not much else to speak of...supposed to be a departmental re-alignment today....no job losses, just a realignment to better support the needs of the business. Outside shot at a promotion for me, but I'm not counting on it. Will keep you all posted....TTFN.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Ignatious said...

congrats on the adoption, if i read this right.

i'm adopted, for whatever that's worth. :)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger MVilla888 said...

Thanks Iggy...actually my suster-in-law adopted the baby...and I'm sorry to hear of your loss...my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home